Design & Engineering Capabilities
Katcon has the expertise to manage a program from concept to launch.
- Full System Integration
- Leverage on analytical Tools
- Proven Validation Process
- Engine Dynamometer
- A more uniform flow will help to reduce cold start emissions, minimize the catalyst aging and improve the overall durability of the catalyst.
- By minimizing the back pressure, flow uniformity will help improve fuel economy.
- The flow through the exhaust manifold runners influence the exhaust temperature loss during cold starts.
- Close coupled catalytic converter and diesel particulate filter designs must meet noise and vibration requirements.
- Brackets will help to improve the stiffness of the assembly and increase the natural frequency to avoid any resonance mode during all engine operating modes.
THERMAL CYCLING FATIGUE
- The exhaust systems are subject to thermal cycling during the highly transient driving mode conditions.
- Design and material selection must be optimized in a way to avoid cracks caused by thermal cycling fatigue.
- Exhaust systems designer considers carefully the stiffness of the design to satisfy both low vibration requirement and plastic strain during thermal cycling.
- Component tests
- Physical durability
- Cold vibration
- Container thermal shock
- Substrate thermal shock
- Engine durability (e.g. thermal cycle)
- Chassis and engine dyno emissions
- Radiated noise
- Pass-by noise simulation
EMISSION REDUCTION PERFORMANCE
- Engine dynamometer testing for urea injection strategy optimization
- Design solution testing in-situ performance demonstration
- Mixer design test and optimization
NOx emission with SCR – ETC cycle